This competition is addressed to composers and artists in the field of contemporary music and media arts. It is seeking appealingly visualized music of max. 12 minutes in length. A video production is requested, where acoustic and visual levels are intertwined and relate to one another.
Eligible compositions should be submitted as visually and acoustically high-quality video file to jukeboxx-newmusic.net. The work can‘t be composed before October 2014 and must not exceed a length of 12 minutes.
The deadline for application is September 30th 2017.
The winner will be awarded EUR 3.500 by the Christoph and Stephan Kaske foundation.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
Applications to the competition may be submitted exclusively by upload to our website jukeboxx-newmusic.net. From the applicant the following information is requested:
- Address (name, postal address, country, postal code, town and e-mail address)
- Short biography indicating date of birth (include scan/photo of passport or identity card)
- A detailed description of the concept of the composition and the audiovisual components
- A link to common platforms such as Vimeo or YouTube, where the work submitted can be viewed
- Place of performance or recording (if applicable)
- Names of artists involved
All music and video rights remain with the composer/artist. All accepted submissions will be made accessible to the public on the website jukeboxx-newmusic.net.
All decisions are final.
The entry deadline is September 30th 2017.
The jury will meet in October 2017. The award ceremony will take place as part of a concert, the program of which is yet to be determined.
The jury consists of Konstantia Gourzi (composer, conductor), Minas Borboudakis (composer), Manuela Hartel (media and performance artist), Katharina Herkommer (executive director of nmzMedia/Die Bildmischer) and Andreas Kolb (chief editor of Neue Musikzeitung).
Detailed terms of application can be found on jukeboxx-newmusic.net